World Evangelical Alliance prays with Taiwanese President
The Christian Business Ministry CBMC hosts National Prayer Breakfast
(Bonn, 30.11.2018) With the participation of representatives of the World Evangelical Alliance (WEA), the National Prayer Breakfast took place in Taipei with President Tsai Ing-wen, who, after her speech, was publicly prayed for on stage.
In honour of the German guests Prof. Thomas Schirrmacher and Timo Plutschinski, who represented the WEA, a video was played in which Siegfried Fietz played and sang his own musical composition of Dietrich Bonhoeffer’s prayer “Von guten Mächten wunderbar geborgen”.
The National Prayer Breakfast was hosted by CBMC, a Christian business ministry that had invited all of the organisation’s leaders from across Asia to the meeting in Taipei. This gave particular emphasis to the role of the economy in political developments. Christian business people are not only interested in the growth of their companies, but also in the implementation of Christian values in politics and society.
The previous evening, CBMC Taiwan invited foreign guests from Korea, the Philippines, Vietnam, Israel, and Germany to a reception where guests reported on the political and spiritual situation in their countries.
Prior to this, Schirrmacher and Plutschinski met with Professor Paul Kong, who guided the guests through the country’s largest evangelical training facility, the China Evangelical Seminary, and familiarised them with the state of churches and religions in the country.
Downloads and Links:
- Photo 1: President Tsai Ing-wen © BQ/Warnecke
- Photo 2: Plutschinski and Schirrmacher framed by the President and by the CEO of CBMC Taiwan © BQ/Warnecke
- Photo 3: Schirrmacher during his speech in Taipeh © BQ/Warnecke
- Photo 4: Schirrmacher (1st from left) and Plutschinski (3rd from left) with the leadership of the National Prayer Breakfast in Taiwan © BQ/Warnecke
- Photo 5: Bishops and pastors pray for Taiwanese President Tsai Ing-wen after her speech © BQ/Warnecke
- Photo 6: Thomas Schirrmacher with the Bishop of the Methodist Church of Taiwan © BQ/Warnecke
- Photo 7: Plutschinski and Schirrmacher with Prof. Paul Kong on a tour of the China Evangelical Seminary © BQ/Warnecke
- Website of the Christian business association CBMC: https://www.cbmcint.com